Discover Alfred, the magic of the restaurant at home!
Alfred offers traditional belgian cuisine prepared by the minute by the chef in our restaurants. No-frills, healthy, hearty dishes, simmered. Alfred makes the difference because its team is available 7 days a week to provide service identical to that of a restaurant to its customers. Available for delivery and take-out.
Here we are finally!
The reopening of the terrace of our restaurant Au Savoy, including extensions to the parking spaces in front, will indeed take place from Saturday, May 8.
We’ve all been waiting for it and dreaming about it.
We thank you for your messages received throughout this confinement.
We were very touched and are coming back in force.
In order to be able to guarantee your satisfaction as much as possible, we have decided to reduce the size of the menu a little. The great classics are there. It’s only temporary.
We do not take reservations!
We are obliged to respect the protocols decided by the government:
-Kitchen hours end at 9:00 p.m. (last order) and the last drink orders are at 9:30 p.m.!
As a reminder, all customers must leave the restaurant by 10 p.m. at the latest.
-The size of the restaurant will be greatly reduced. We are counting on your kind cooperation not to stay at the table more than usual.
Understand that we have a huge number of requests and we will do our best to satisfy all of our customers over the coming weeks.
In addition, the Belgian weather is sometimes capricious as you know.
The organization of the service will maybe change a bit and we already apologize.
Until then, test Alfred if you haven’t already!
Alfred, these are the little details of your favorite restaurant in your home and office.
Thanks again for everything !
Do not hesitate to follow us on social networks to experience our preparations for the reopening in real life.
The Savoy’s team
Open 7/7 from 10:00 am to 11:00pm (last order) – No reservation – Tea room. Reception room on the first floor.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
We accept the following credit cards : Maestro, Visa, Mastercard, American Express
Dining room managers : Mégane Armslag and Duy Ngo
Chef : Jean-Marc Lucas
Our other facilities : Grand Forestier, Vieux Saint-Martin, Les Chambres de Martin, Chez Alfred
For booking please contact us by phone at 02/513.49.17 or email us at email@example.com.
- 1890: Birth of Joseph Niels, son of farmers from Pajottenland (Hal Enghien Ninove). A disease wipes out the livestock and the prospects at the farm vanish.
- 1908: Joseph Niels decides to go to Great-Britain and he begins to work in the Savoy Hotel in London.
- 1915: Joseph Niels returns to Belgium. He becomes the director of the restaurant called La Taverne Royale in the Queens Gallery.
- 1924: Joseph Niels creates the recipe for the dish entitled Filet Américain, which is still the same today.
- 1926: Joseph Niels creates the hotel-restaurant Canterbury located at 129 Boulevard Emile Jacqmain.
- 1935: Independant Pavilion at the Brussels World Exhibition.
- 1940: Decease of Joseph Niels. His sons Albert (1917-1978) and Georges (1919-2000) continue his work.
- 1948: Opening of the shop Nielsvins. Albert and George Niels run the restaurant La Couronne located on the Brussels Grand Place. They also own the restaurant The Claridge located in Buenos Aires for two years.
- 1958: The Argentine government ask Albert and Georges Niels to represent the Argentine Pavilion at the Brussels World Exhibition. Then Albert and George Niels decide to each go their separate ways. Albert Niels continues to work with his sons Michel, Philippe and Albert-Jean.
- 1968: Opening of the restaurant Au Vieux Saint Martin on the Grand Sablon.
- 1971: Opening of the restaurant La Marie-Joseph located at the Fishmarket.
- 1974: Opening of the restaurant Au Duc d’Arenberg on the Petit Sablon.
- 1978: Decease of Albert Niels. His sons take over the business but Michel quickly decides to go his separate way.
- 1992: Opening of the restaurant Le Canterbury in Ixelles.
- 2011: Albert -Jean and Philippe Niels decide to part paths and to work with their respective children. Albert-Jean with his son Frédéric run the restaurant Au Vieux Saint Martin.
- 2015: Opening of the restaurant Au Grand Forestier in Watermael-Boitsfort.
- 2017: Opening of Les Chambres de Martin above the restaurant Au Vieux Saint Martin.
- 2018: Opening of the restaurant Au Savoy in Place Georges Brugmann in Ixelles.
- 2020: Opening of Chez Alfred, our delivery and take out service for cooked meals.
Welcome Au Savoy 🙂 Place Georges Brugmann, 35. 1050 Ixelles Open 7/7 from 8:00am to 22:30pm (except on Friday and Saturday to 23:30pm) – No reservation – firstname.lastname@example.org