May 2018: Determined to find a suitable location near Place Brugmann for their third restaurant and after a several months search Albert-Jean and Frederic Niels buy out the business […].
35, place Georges Brugmann, 1050 Ixelles
Open 7/7 from 8:00am to 10:30pm except on friday and saturday to 11:30pm (last order) – No reservation- breakfast from 8am until 11am.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
We accept the following credit cards : Maestro, Visa, Mastercard, American Express
Dining room managers : Louis Borrey and Duy Ngo
Chef : Jean-Marc Lucas
Do you organize a private or professional event soon? Are you looking for a prestigious reception room? You will be pleased to know that we have a magnificent dining room available on the first floor. The walls are decorated with lithographs by Christian Dotremont and Mogens Balle. From the venue you will be able to enjoy the stunning view of the most beautiful place in Ixelles, place Brugmann. Our qotes can be adapted in function of the type of event you wish to organize (engagement, wedding, birthday, business lunch …) .We also offer the possibility to plan breakfast, diner or supper. An animation is also possible ( oenology course, clown…). Our reception room can hold between 15 and 30 guests.
For more information please contact us by phone at 02/513.49.17 or email us at email@example.com.
- 1890: Birth of Joseph Niels, son of farmers from Pajottenland (Hal Enghien Ninove). A disease wipes out the livestock and the prospects at the farm vanish.
- 1908: Joseph Niels decides to go to Great-Britain and he begins to work in the Savoy Hotel in London.
- 1915: Joseph Niels returns to Belgium. He becomes the director of the restaurant called La Taverne Royale in the Queens Gallery.
- 1924: Joseph Niels creates the recipe for the dish entitled Filet Américain, which is still the same today.
- 1926: Joseph Niels creates the hotel-restaurant Canterbury located at 129 Boulevard Emile Jacqmain.
- 1935: Independant Pavilion at the Brussels World Exhibition.
- 1940: Decease of Joseph Niels. His sons Albert (1917-1978) and Georges (1919-2000) continue his work.
- 1948: Opening of the shop Nielsvins. Albert and George Niels run the restaurant La Couronne located on the Brussels Grand Place. They also own the restaurant The Claridge located in Buenos Aires for two years.
- 1958: The Argentine government ask Albert and Georges Niels to represent the Argentine Pavilion at the Brussels World Exhibition. Then Albert and George Niels decide to each go their separate ways. Albert Niels continues to work with his sons Michel, Philippe and Albert-Jean.
- 1968: Opening of the restaurant Au Vieux Saint Martin on the Grand Sablon.
- 1971: Opening of the restaurant La Marie-Joseph located at the Fishmarket.
- 1974: Opening of the restaurant Au Duc d’Arenberg on the Petit Sablon.
- 1978: Decease of Albert Niels. His sons take over the business but Michel quickly decides to go his separate way.
- 1992: Opening of the restaurant Le Canterbury in Ixelles.
- 2011: Albert -Jean and Philippe Niels decide to part paths and to work with their respective children. Albert-Jean with his son Frédéric run the restaurant Au Vieux Saint Martin.
- 2015: Opening of the restaurant Au Grand Forestier in Watermael-Boitsfort.
- 2017: Opening of Les Chambres de Martin above the restaurant Au Vieux Saint Martin.
- 2018: Opening of the restaurant Au Savoy in Place Georges Brugmann in Ixelles.
Our staff consists of enthusiastic, motivated and flexible employees, who feel strongly about team spirit. Would you like to join our team? Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org (CV + photographs + letter of application). We offer you attractive wages, a pleasant working environment and career opportunities, in a family spirit.
Welcome Au Savoy 🙂 Place Georges Brugmann, 35. 1050 Ixelles Open 7/7 from 8:00am to 22:30pm (except on Friday and Saturday to 23:30pm) – No reservation – email@example.com